Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Wedding: Brittany & Andrew

Congratulations to Brittany and Andrew

So when I was in Kindergarten, a new family moved into the house just 2 doors down.  We lived in a culdesac in an additon sort of between 2 cities. I had a friend who lived 3 doors down, right across from me, and we were talking one day about who was moving in, she heard the was a girl around our age and I couldn't have been more excited. Her Mom recently told us a story about something Brittany said before they even moved in. Linda said that they hadn't even bought the house yet but they were driving past my house and she saw me outside and told her parents that I was her new best friend, and we hadn't even met yet!! But she was right. And I am so thankful for that. In the following years, we spent every day we could together. They had a pool in their back yard and I can't even tell you how many times a summer we would be in there. We were fish and we would even wear matching swimsuits. In the summer if I wasn't home you could bet everything that I was with Brittany and vice versa. We were inseperable. One time we were at the grocery store and we were wearing matching outfits and a lady came up to us and asked if we were twins. We both smiled and looked at eachother and told the lady yes, we were twins. She was so excited and wanted to introduce us to her twin boys! Oh how we were embarrassed. We got out of there ASAP! It was so fun though because we are exactly a month and a half apart in age and we stayed the same height and size for many many years. Some of my favorite memories of us were the Fourth of July... EVERY YEAR! We would go to the local college who had a huge firework display and we would dress up and get our faces painted. We'd sit by the stand that played oldies music and they would serve hotdogs on frisbees and hand out soda to your hearts content! Or your bladder's ;) We would go early in the afternoon and make up handshakes and dances and play with the frisbees and eat snacks until the fireworks started then we'd go back to her house and go swimming in the dark. Oh how I miss those days...

The summer before 5th grade, my family had to move. We had been living in a 3 bedroom ranch and my Mom was pregnant with baby number 5. We were outgrowing the house and moved exactly 7 miles away. But to us that was HUGE! For 5 years we were never farther than a 8 second run and now we had to be DRIVEN to see eachother?? So even though we didn't see each other often, we talked on the phone and knew that the other one was always there if we needed them. Shortly after my family moved, Brittany and her parents moved 3 hours away! Her dad had finished his time in the seminary and the parishes he was assigned to were in in a surrounding state. Summer before sophomore year I got to visit for the first time with her grandparents and we went on a little photo shoot around the town just us 2. We went to all of the antique shops and found this old barber shop that said it was open but you had to go down stairs in the sidewalk to get to it and by the looks of the window it looked like it had been closed 40 years but still had old shaving stuff on the counter!!! lol I realized again what an amazing friend she was when she walked in the rain with me to the Catholic Mass in town with me before going to her Lutheran service. It made my day when she told me how neat our Mass was. She liked how we all said the prayers and responses together and liked our traditional songs. That really meant a lot to me.

She was there for me to talk to when I met the man that would soon become my husband and I was SO excited for her when she met the man who just became her husband on November 17, 2012.

My handsome hubby

And that is what this post is about. The marriage of Brittany and Andrew. I was so honored that she let me be a bridemaid in her wedding. We don't get to talk to eachother every day or every week or even every month. But when we do, it is as if nothing has changed and not a day has gone by since we saw eachother last. It's a connection that can never be broken.

That's me on the right.

She was the most laid back bride so I got to wear a dress that fit me and my personality and I got to get dolled up and feel pretty for a day. She was the most beautiful bride and her husband knew exactly how lucky he was when she agreed to be his wife for better or worse.

IDK how to turn the picture but this is the GROOM

The beautiful bride and me :)

To Brittany: your friendship means so much to me, I am so lucky that God gave me a friend like you who would be there for me through everything that life threw at us. We have both started families now and though soon we will be across the country from each other, I know that we will still be  just as close. I love you and am so happy for you.

1 comment:

  1. Teary eyed =)
    I love you so much Steph and I am so thankful to have had your friendship for so many years. There aren't many people that can say they've stayed in touch with their childhood best friend...and I get to say that after all these years we have not only kept in touch but are still so close! You are so special to me and I am so grateful that you and your family were able to come to the wedding!

    I'm always a phone call away

    Love you so much,
    Brittany P.

    ReplyDelete