Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Smoky Baby Back Ribs

While my family was up at my grandparents lake cottage this weekend, 
I was looking at some magazines and came across a recipe for Ribs. 
I have made it my mission to cook a good meal every night this week 
and though I have never made Ribs before and frankly, the thought 
of touching raw meat just makes me want to hurl. 
But I always get through it and this recipe met my husbands approval! 
He told me after eating a whole slab that he was prepared
for me to waste the $20 it took to buy a pack of 3 slabs. 
But yay for this recipe and a few minor adjustments on my part. 
I didn't take any pictures until after he told me they were great but frankly, it was pretty darn easy ;) 




SMOKY BABY BACK RIBS

What you will need: 
3-4 slabs of Baby Back Ribs
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 C. Cajun seasoning
3 Tbsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cayenne
1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
Barbeque Sauce *See Cook's Note

Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
2. Rub the seasoning generously into the ribs. Lay out foil and line with parchment paper. Wrap the ribs tightly in the parchment lined foil. Wrap each slab separately and place on a cookie sheet to cook.
3. Cook the ribs for 2-2 1/2 hours, until a knife can pierce the meat with no resistance.
4. When fully cooked, take out of the oven and set the oven to broil. Take the slabs out of the foil and place back onto the cookie sheet. Brush the slabs with any sauce that you like. *See Cook's Note
5. Broil the ribs 3-5 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.

This was one of 2 that I made (the other is already wrapped, in the rub, and ready to cook whenever Brandon wants it :) 

*The recipe called for a Chipotle Sauce  but I chose to use Sweet Baby Rays Barbeque Sauce. It is our favorite!! But here is the recipe if you would like to try it :)

Chipotle Sauce Recipe
1 C. chili sauce
1/4 C. Chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
2 Tbsp honey

**UPDATE** When I had posted this recipe, I only made 2 of the 3 slabs I bought. The third slab, I rubbed with the spices and wrapped  in the parchment-lined foil and kept in the fridge for 2 days before making it again for Brandon. See how much darker the meat got? He said the spices came through really well and was even better than the first time.  


I caught him off guard with a picture enjoying dinner. We have no table right now. I am in the middle of fixing them up, the chairs are almost done but the table is going to take at least another week. And sorry the picture is sideways, my computer is being stupid and wouldn't let me flip it. Oh well. 


Please comment if you have any other Baby Back Ribs recipes that you love or let me know if you try mine :)

Have a great day and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment